Constructing a permanent church will produce numerous benefits for our parish community. The church will: Constructing a permanent church will produce numerous benefits for our parish community. The church will:
- Enhance our worship experience by providing pews in a reverent environment with all the signs and symbols of our faith prominently displayed.
- Pull us more deeply into the celebration of the Mass so we can experience our eternal God in the most profound way possible.
- Leave a legacy for our children and grandchildren, who are the future of our parish and our Catholic faith.
- Strengthen fellowship by providing ample space for gathering after Mass and other times.
- Make St. James an even more desirable parish for families to join and grow with us in faith.
- Support our ministries and parish outreach by providing more meeting and storage space.
- Pews with seating for 452, plus overflow capacity for an additional 208 in chairs for large Masses (Christmas/Easter)
- Large gathering area (narthex) inside the church’s main entrance
- Large baptistery area
- Cry room with large windows into the worship space
- Stained glass windows (extracted from our current worship space)
- Chapel of reconciliation
- Choir area
- Attractive exterior that will complement our other buildings and enhance our neighborhood
- Beautiful courtyard space for parish gatherings, fellowship and events
- Additional parking with easy access to the church and adjoining wing
Chris Kelly Architects has developed a design for a church building with over 15,000 square feet in total. The design includes a large main worship area (nave) of over 10,000 square feet and an adjoining Community Support Center (approximately 5,000 square feet) providing areas for fellowship and other space that will benefit our parish family.
COMMUNITY SUPPORT CENTER FEATURES
- Dedicated space to support the needs of our community
- Inviting gathering space with flexible seating for 75 to 100 people
- Large meeting room for parish ministries (can also be used by brides and families gathering for funerals)
- Office space and reception lobby
- Accessible restrooms and ample storage
- Sacristy and vesting room